A Call to Action #StopTheMiningStopTheKilling
Demand U.S. military aid to the Philippines be cut, that the AFP be held accountable for the deaths of the Capion family, and to abandon X-strata SMI’s Tampakan Gold Project! Read our full statement here: http://nychrp.info/2012/11/13/stop-the-mining-stop-the-killings-justice-for-the-capion-family-of-the-tampakan-massacre/
You can help bring the issues raised by the Tampakan Massacre to light by participating in these ways:
– SIGN THE PETITION NOW: http://www.change.org/petitions/u-s-department-of-defense-cut-military-aid-to-the-philippines
– Donate to BAYAN-USA: Your donation will support delegates of MANILAKBAYAN, a caravan and march which aims to raise the national consciousness around the deteriorating human rights situation in relation to large-scale mining. Make sure that 100% of your contribution goes to promoting human rights in the Philippines by writing a check to BAYAN-USA, and skipping the online transaction fee, but feel free to donate online, via this Paypal link.
– Join our Facebook Action: Donate your Facebook profile picture space to use the STOP THE MINING! STOP THE KILLING! Have it up with a link to the petition in the description on beginning December 1 to December 10, International Human Rights Day
– Join us on Twitter: Make the Tampakan Massacre a trending topic on Twitter and flood @BarackObama ‘s and @NoynoyAquino ‘s official Twitter accounts protesting aggressive mining development and human rights violations by using: #StopTheMiningStopTheKilling
– Call the Philippine Embassy in Washington, D.C. during our call-in week. From Monday, 12/3 to Friday, 12/7 (anytime before 5 p.m. EST) we ask concerned individuals and organizations to flood the Philippine embassy with calls to condemn the Tampakan Massacre and hold the 27th IB of the Armed Forces of the Philippines and X-strata SMI responsible for the deaths of the Capion family. Tel: 202.467.9366
– Attend an action/mobilization arranged by the Committee of Human Rights in the Philippines in New York, Portland or San Francisco during our week of action between December 1 through 10 and demand justice for the Capion Family, victims of the Tampakan Massacre. For more information on local events in your area, please visit
STOP THE MINING! STOP THE KILLINGS! JUSTICE FOR THE CAPION FAMILY! X-STRATA-SMI, OUT OF BLAAN ANCESTRAL DOMAINS AND OUT OF THE PHILIPPINES! SCRAP THE PHILIPPINE MINING ACT OF 1995! SUPPORT THE PEOPLE’S MINING BILL! CUT U.S. MILITARY AID TO THE PHILIPPINES!
www.nychrp.info www.portlandchrp.org www.sanfranchrp.com